M&A deal structures, Investment Transactions
In today’s world, companies are actively promoting the removal of barriers to international business dealing. For entrepreneurs who are looking to expand their scope of activities, creating a holding is one way to achieve this.
A holding is a corporation that regulates the activities of other independent companies. In other words, a holding is a structure in which one company is at the head of several others and regulates their activities. One of the main aims for creating a holding is to increase the economic efficiency of the merged companies.
What advantages does the creation of a holding achieve?
- expansion of activity scope;
- expansion of new markets;
- more resources available;
- better product quality;
- better competitive performance.
It is clear that a holding brings many advantages that are beneficial from the business standpoint. This explains the recent significantly increased interest in their creation. The most common way to set up a holding is to conclude an investment agreement.
It should be noted that in 2022 restrictions were implemented in Russia on the sale/purchase of shares in companies by shareholder from unfriendly countries. The Government has approved a list of unfriendly countries, which includes more than 40 states. Process takes more time as usual.
The creation of a holding, that is, the conclusion of an investment deal, is preceded by many procedures that each company planning to merge must follow.
Some of these procedures include:
- checking the counterparty on financial and economic stability;
- verification of the acquired companies’ good faith in terms of compliance with the law and the absence of claims / pending cases from the relevant supervisory state agency;
- preparation and conclusion of an investment agreement, taking into account all peculiarities and identified risks.
It is obvious that the creation of a holding is impossible without help of a qualified accountant and lawyer. VALEN Group specialists have many years of experience in the field of corporate law. Some of the services that we provide include:
- consultation on any matters related to the creation of a holding;
- due diligence of counterparty company;
- drawing up a conclusion on the advisability of entering into an investment agreement;
- drafting and structuring an investment agreement;
- legal support at all stages of setting up a holding, including at the stage of concluding an investment agreement.
How to get a service?
- Choose a service
- Fill in the form
- Our specialists
will contact you
for an initial consultation
Law degree in the Russian Federation
Studied at the University of Passau, Germany
Foreign Languages: English, German
Since 2007 a lawyer in Beiten Burkhardt lawfirm
Since 2012 founder and managing partner at VALENOur specialists
Graduated from People’s Friendship University of Russia (RUDN)
Certified Lawyer in the Russian Federation, Master of law (International law)
Foreign languages: English
5+ years of legal experience in consulting lawfirms and inhouse practices
Since 2023 —Director of Operations at Valen GroupOur specialists
Graduated Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO)
RANEPA at the President of the Russian Federation
Certified Lawyer in the Russian Federation, Master of Law (Corporate Law)
Foreign languages: English, French
4+ years in corporate law consulting
Since 2022 –Head of legal at Valen GroupOur specialists
Our Clients And Partners
Please fill in the form and our specialists will get back to you