M&A deal structures, Investment Transactions
In today’s world, companies are actively promoting the removal of barriers to international business dealing. For entrepreneurs who are looking to expand their scope of activities, creating a holding is one way to achieve this.
A holding is a corporation that regulates the activities of other independent companies. In other words, a holding is a structure in which one company is at the head of several others and regulates their activities. One of the main aims for creating a holding is to increase the economic efficiency of the merged companies.
What advantages does the creation of a holding achieve?
- expansion of activity scope;
- expansion of new markets;
- more resources available;
- better product quality;
- better competitive performance.
It is clear that a holding brings many advantages that are beneficial from the business standpoint. This explains the recent significantly increased interest in their creation. The most common way to set up a holding is to conclude an investment agreement.
However, it should be noted that setting up a holding could be a rather long and complex process, the implementation of which is impossible without qualified legal assistance. This is because the creation of a holding, that is, the conclusion of an investment deal, is preceded by many procedures that each company planning to merge must follow.
Some of these procedures include:
- checking the counterparty on financial and economic stability;
- verification of the acquired companies’ good faith in terms of compliance with the law and the absence of claims / pending cases from the relevant supervisory state agency;
- preparation and conclusion of an investment agreement, taking into account all peculiarities and identified risks.
It is obvious that the creation of a holding is impossible without the help of a qualified accountant and lawyer. VALEN Group specialists have many years of experience in the field of corporate law. Some of the services that we provide include:
- consultation on any matters related to the creation of a holding;
- due diligence of counterparty company;
- drawing up a conclusion on the advisability of entering into an investment agreement;
- drafting and structuring an investment agreement;
- legal support at all stages of setting up a holding, including at the stage of concluding an investment agreement.
How to get a service?
- Choose a service
- Fill in the form
- Our specialists
will contact you
for an initial consultation
In 2008 graduated with honors from Moscow State Law Academy.
In 2011 finished postgraduate school of the Moscow State Law Academy and received a PhD in Law.
Since 2015 works as attorney.
More than 5 years of experience as an attorney – arbitration and bankruptcy litigation.
6 years of experience as an inhouse lawyer with specialization in Labor, Contract and IT law.
4 years of experience in the field of international relations (working with international organizations such as the UN, IAEA).
Foreign Languages: English
Senior Lawyer at VALEN GroupOur specialists
Higher School of Economics (Bachelor’s degree), 2018 – Faculty of Law
Higher School of Economics (Master’s program), 2020 – Lawyer in activities in justice and law enforcement
Over 3 years of experience as a lawyer in foreign law firms
Foreign languages: EnglishOur specialists
Our Clients And Partners
Please fill in the form and our specialists will get back to you