M&A deal structures, investment deals
In today’s world, companies are actively promoting the removal of barriers to international business dealing. For entrepreneurs who are looking to expand their scope of activities, creating a holding is one way to achieve this.
A holding is a corporation that regulates the activities of other independent companies. In other words, a holding is a structure in which one company is at the head of several others and regulates their activities. One of the main aims for creating a holding is to increase the economic efficiency of the merged companies .
What advantages does the creation of a holding achieve?
- expansion of activity scope;
- expansion of new markets;
- more resources available;
- better product quality;
- better competitive performance.
It is clear that a holding brings many advantages that are beneficial from the business standpoint. This explains the recent significantly increased interest in their creation. The most common way to set up a holding is to conclude an investment agreement.
However, it should be noted that setting up a holding could be a rather long and complex process, the implementation of which is impossible without qualified legal assistance. This is because the creation of a holding, that is, the conclusion of an investment deal, is preceded by many procedures that each company planning to merge must follow.
Some of these procedures include:
- checking the counterparty on financial and economic stability;
- verification of the acquired companies’ good faith in terms of compliance with the law and the absence of claims / pending cases from the relevant supervisory state agency;
- preparation and conclusion of an investment agreement, taking into account all peculiarities and identified risks.
It is obvious that the creation of a holding is impossible without the help of a qualified accountant and lawyer. VALEN Group specialists have many years of experience in the field of corporate law. Some of the services that we provide include:
- consultation on any matters related to the creation of a holding;
- due diligence of counterparty company;
- drawing up a conclusion on the advisability of entering into an investment agreement;
- drafting and structuring an investment agreement;
- legal support at all stages of setting up a holding, including at the stage of concluding an investment agreement.
Two degrees in Lomonosov Moscow State University. Faculties of Law and Philology.
1996 – obtained status of attorney
Foreign Languages: English
Specialist in the field of legal representation, corporate conflict resolution, structuring and support of transactions for the acquisition of business, as well as defense / representation in the framework of criminal prosecution
Since 1994 – more than 150 publications in the Russian newspapers and magazines
Since 2019 – senior lawyer at VALENВсе специалисты
- Law Degree in Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO University), 2015
- Postgraduate education diploma in Translation and Conference Interpreting under Saint-Petersburg School of Conference Interpreting & Translation (SCIT) at Herzen University (Joint project of the UN, European Commission, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the RF and Herzen University), 2012
Foreign Languages: English, German, French
- Since 2015 – practice in corporate and contract law, as well as litigation with focus on commercial, corporate and bankruptcy (insolvency) disputes in commercial courts, and representation in general courts
- Since 2015 – regular contract law and IP protection training in Law School “M-Logos”
- Since 2020 – Senior Lawyer at VALEN GROUP
Law degree in Lomonosov Moscow State University, 2014
Postgraduate education diploma in Institute of Legislation and Comparative Law under the Government of the Russian Federation, 2017
Foreign Languages: English, German, Spanish, Portuguese
Since 2014 – practice in obtaining and collecting of low liquid debts, in bankruptcy procedures of legal entities and litigation in commercial and regular courts
Since 2020 – lawyer at VALENВсе специалисты
Law degrees in the Institute of International Trade and Law; Russian Foreign Trade Academy
Foreign languages: English, Spanish.
Since 2010 – legal experience in public authorities (Moscow tax office, Intellectual Property Court), Moscow notary office, Russian law firms.
Since 2019 – Lawyer at VALENВсе специалисты
Russian Foreign Trade Academy (LLB), 2017 Faculty – international law
University of Westminster (LLM), 2018 Faculty – corporate finance law
Foreign Languages: English, Spanish
Internships in public authorities (District Court, Russian Financial Intelligence Unit; English and Swiss law firms (Diacle Ltd, Froriep LLP)
Since 2019 – lawyer at VALENВсе специалисты