Creation of joint ventures
Joint ventures have recently become one of the most popular forms of direct investment by foreign companies planning to do business in the Russian Federation and looking to implement complex projects. To successfully achieve the set goals, it is important to first assess all risks and ensure proper corporate governance.
A joint venture is a type of company set up by several individuals or legal entities. The creation of a joint venture is formalized by an agreement providing for the parties’ mutual rights and obligations, as well as their cooperation procedures.
What are the main benefits of joint ventures?
- Companies are able to enter new markets or start new business more effectively and quickly;
- Risks are shared between partners;
- Company can gain access to more resources, including the latest technologies, know-how, personnel, new developments in a particular field, material resources, services;
- Better competitive performance;
- Possibility of entering the international market.
VALEN Group specialists have many years of experience in the field of corporate law and in setting up joint ventures. Our services include:
- consultation on any issue related to setting up a joint venture;
- legal support at all stages of the deal;
- creation and legal support of activities of joint ventures with both Russian and foreign beneficiaries;
- joint venture structuring and restructuring;
- participation in negotiations, preparation of documents and representation of clients’ interests in registration authorities;
- development of an optimal corporate governance structure;
- drafting of corporate agreements.