Creation of joint ventures
Joint ventures have recently become one of the most popular forms of direct investment by foreign companies planning to do business in the Russian Federation and looking to implement complex projects. To successfully achieve the set goals, it is important to first assess all risks and ensure proper corporate governance.
A joint venture is a type of company set up by several individuals or legal entities. The creation of a joint venture is formalized by an agreement providing for the parties’ mutual rights and obligations, as well as their cooperation procedures.
What are the main benefits of joint ventures?
- Companies are able to enter new markets or start new business more effectively and quickly;
- Risks are shared between partners;
- Company can gain access to more resources, including the latest technologies, know-how, personnel, new developments in a particular field, material resources, services;
- Better competitive performance;
- Possibility of entering the international market.
VALEN Group specialists have many years of experience in the field of corporate law and in setting up joint ventures. Our services include:
- consultation on any issue related to setting up a joint venture;
- legal support at all stages of the deal;
- creation and legal support of activities of joint ventures with both Russian and foreign beneficiaries;
- joint venture structuring and restructuring;
- participation in negotiations, preparation of documents and representation of clients’ interests in registration authorities;
- development of an optimal corporate governance structure;
- drafting of corporate agreements.
Two degrees in Lomonosov Moscow State University. Faculties of Law and Philology.
1996 – obtained status of attorney
Foreign Languages: English
Specialist in the field of legal representation, corporate conflict resolution, structuring and support of transactions for the acquisition of business, as well as defense / representation in the framework of criminal prosecution
Since 1994 – more than 150 publications in the Russian newspapers and magazines
Since 2019 – senior lawyer at VALENВсе специалисты
- Law Degree in Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO University), 2015
- Postgraduate education diploma in Translation and Conference Interpreting under Saint-Petersburg School of Conference Interpreting & Translation (SCIT) at Herzen University (Joint project of the UN, European Commission, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the RF and Herzen University), 2012
Foreign Languages: English, German, French
- Since 2015 – practice in corporate and contract law, as well as litigation with focus on commercial, corporate and bankruptcy (insolvency) disputes in commercial courts, and representation in general courts
- Since 2015 – regular contract law and IP protection training in Law School “M-Logos”
- Since 2020 – Senior Lawyer at VALEN GROUP
Law degree in Lomonosov Moscow State University, 2014
Postgraduate education diploma in Institute of Legislation and Comparative Law under the Government of the Russian Federation, 2017
Foreign Languages: English, German, Spanish, Portuguese
Since 2014 – practice in obtaining and collecting of low liquid debts, in bankruptcy procedures of legal entities and litigation in commercial and regular courts
Since 2020 – lawyer at VALENВсе специалисты
Law degrees in the Institute of International Trade and Law; Russian Foreign Trade Academy
Foreign languages: English, Spanish.
Since 2010 – legal experience in public authorities (Moscow tax office, Intellectual Property Court), Moscow notary office, Russian law firms.
Since 2019 – Lawyer at VALENВсе специалисты
Russian Foreign Trade Academy (LLB), 2017 Faculty – international law
University of Westminster (LLM), 2018 Faculty – corporate finance law
Foreign Languages: English, Spanish
Internships in public authorities (District Court, Russian Financial Intelligence Unit; English and Swiss law firms (Diacle Ltd, Froriep LLP)
Since 2019 – lawyer at VALENВсе специалисты