Due Diligence and Review of Contracts services
When entering into a contract with a counterparty, particularly if this party provides the contract, it is desirable to first verify the contents for compliance with current legislation, and for any financial and other risks it exposes the company to.
What is a legal examination of a contract?
Due diligence of a contract is a detailed analysis of the provisions of a contract to verify its compliance with the legal norms of the Russian Federation, in order to identify and eliminate legal risks and possible adverse effects the implementation of the contract could lead to.
Due diligence requires that the lawyer has in-depth knowledge of existing law, and research into expert comments on the normative legal acts of the Russian Federation and judicial practice.
How is due diligence of a contract conducted?
Due diligence of a contract involves the following:
- Detailed study of the contract (verification that the contract contains the terms as prescribed by law, analysis of the provisions on the timing of the execution of obligations, responsibilities of the parties, etc.);
- Search and identification of potential risks;
- Discussion and approval of changes to the contract terms.
- The results of due diligence of the contract, at the discretion of the client, may be delivered in the following forms:
- Detailed paragraph-by-paragraph analysis of the provisions of the contract with links to legislative norms;
- Report on the discrepancies in the contract;
- Provision of an edited version of the contract.
VALEN experts can conduct due diligence of contracts drafted by the client or counterparty. Our services include:
- Analysis of the terms of the contract for compliance with current legislation;
- Clarification of the legal meaning of the contract terms;
- Identification and removal of any terms in the contract that could potentially violate the client’s rights or result in negative consequences;
- Inclusion in the contract of any terms necessary to protect the legitimate rights and interests of the client.
How to get a service?
- Choose a service
- Fill in the form
- Our specialists
will contact you
for an initial consultation
In 2008 graduated with honors from Moscow State Law Academy.
In 2011 finished postgraduate school of the Moscow State Law Academy and received a PhD in Law.
Since 2015 works as attorney.
More than 5 years of experience as an attorney – arbitration and bankruptcy litigation.
6 years of experience as an inhouse lawyer with specialization in Labor, Contract and IT law.
4 years of experience in the field of international relations (working with international organizations such as the UN, IAEA).
Foreign Languages: English
Senior Lawyer at VALEN GroupOur specialists
Higher School of Economics (Bachelor’s degree), 2018 – Faculty of Law
Higher School of Economics (Master’s program), 2020 – Lawyer in activities in justice and law enforcement
Over 3 years of experience as a lawyer in foreign law firms
Foreign languages: EnglishOur specialists
Our Clients And Partners
Please fill in the form and our specialists will get back to you