Work permits for foreign citizens
- Receipt of documents within a month
- Personal support at all stages of the procedure
- Support in English
To work in Russia legally, a foreign citizen should obtain work permit and work visa.
There are 2 ways to get a work permit:
- Standard procedure;
- Simplified procedure for highly qualified specialists (HQS).
Currently, the best way to get a work permit is the second option.
A highly qualified specialist (HQS) is a foreign citizen who has experience, skills or achievements in a certain field. HQS can work in any position without restrictions.
Advantages of the simplified procedure
- Preparation and receipt of documents within a month;
- The validity period of the permit is up to 3 years;
- Personal income tax — 13%;
- There is no need to provide a diploma of higher education;
- You don't need to take an exam in the Russian language.
For example, under the standard procedure, the permit will be valid for 1 year, and the application review process takes from 3 to 3.5 months.
Requirements for HQS
The main condition for hiring such specialists is salary: it should be at least 167,000 rubles per month before taxes (about 2,000 euros). Employers also report quarterly on compliance with salary requirements of the HQS.
A large German insurance company approached us for the service of obtaining a work permit and work visa for a CEO of its subsidiary in the Russian Federation. At the same time, the place of work of the CEO was considered the company’s office in Moscow, as well as a separate subdivision in the Moscow region.
- Lawyers consulted the employer and the foreign citizen on collection of documents for the work permit and visa;
- Prepared and submitted a set of documents on the conclusion of employment contract with a German citizen both in Moscow and in the Moscow region;
- Agreed the CEO with the relevant Russian ministry in order to submit documents for a work visa to migration authority during pandemic;
- Submitted documents for the work permit and visa to the migration authorities, and also accompanied the foreign citizen to obtain ready-made permits.
A citizen with dual citizenship of the United States and Canada asked for a service of obtaining a temporary residence permit (TRP) in a simplified manner on the basis of marriage with a Russian citizen. During the procedure, it was necessary to determine the country of residence and prepare documents in accordance with this.
- Lawyers provided full support to a foreign citizen in the process of collecting documents;
- Analyzed the issue of dual citizenship regarding the country, where a citizen needs to obtain a police clearance certificate;
- Filled in all the required forms and applications;
- Accompanied a foreign citizen to the migration authority to submit documents and obtain a ready TRP and visa.
- Law degree in the Russian Federation
- Studied at the University of Passau, Germany
- Foreign Languages: English, German
- Since 2007 a lawyer in Beiten Burkhardt lawfirm
- Since 2012 founder and managing partner at VALEN
What documents should be provided to obtain a work permit under the simplified procedure for the HQS?
- Notarized copies of the constituent documents of the employer company;
- Translated and notarized copy of the HQS passport;
- Receipt of payment of state duty;
- Medical insurance policy valid in Russia (copy).
The procedure for obtaining a work permit for HQS
To obtain a work permit, the employer should provide a set of documents to the migration service. The decision to issue a work permit is made within a month from the date of receipt of the documents.
The whole process of paperwork can be divided into the following stages:
Obtaining a work permit
An application for a work permit, together with a set of necessary documents, is submitted to the migration service.
Application for a work visa
After the work permit is ready, it is necessary to provide the migration service with a set of documents for issuing an invitation to issue a work visa.
Obtaining a work visa and work permit
A work visa is issued at the Russian consulate on the basis of an invitation for a visa. After obtaining a visa and upon arrival in Russia, it is necessary to undergo a medical examination, a fingerprinting procedure and obtain a work permit.
Our clients and parthers
Law degree in the Russian Federation
Studied at the University of Passau, Germany
Foreign Languages: English, German
Since 2007 a lawyer in Beiten Burkhardt lawfirm
Since 2012 founder and managing partner at VALENOur specialists
Graduated Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO)
RANEPA at the President of the Russian Federation
Certified Lawyer in the Russian Federation, Master of Law (Corporate Law)
Foreign languages: English, French
4+ years in corporate law consulting
Since 2022 –Head of legal at Valen GroupOur specialists
Please fill in the form and our specialists will get back to you