Hiring a new employee implies signing an employment agreement between an employer and employee. The employment agreement legally formalizes the mutual rights and obligations of the employee and employer.
What difficulties can arise when drawing up an employment agreement?
Often employers use ready-made employment agreements to formalize relations with all employees. When entering into an employment agreement it is crucial to assess the specifics of the new employees’ functions. For certain categories, there are special employment agreement terms.
What should be specified in the employment agreement?
The employment agreement should contain information on the parties who have signed the agreement, including the place of work, the date of commencement of work, the job description, salary and benefits, working hours and holidays, and other terms.
How can the employer interests be protected with an employment agreement?
Russian labour legislation gives clear priority to the protection of employee interests. However, dishonest employees often openly abuse their rights, and when an employer adopts measures against them, they immediately complain to the labor inspectorate or prosecutors office. The interests of the employer from the dishonest actions of employees can be protected through the inclusion in the employment agreement of additional terms, which, however, must not conflict with labor legislation or impact employee working conditions. For example, in an employment agreement provision can be included on a trial or probationary period, on the nondisclosure of secrets protected by law, on the clarification of rights and obligations in relation to working conditions of the employee and other additional conditions.
VALEN provides a full range of services related to the drafting of employment agreements. Our experts:
- Conduct consultations on employment agreements;
- Clarify the terms to be included in the employment agreement based on the specifics of your case;
- Draw up a draft employment agreement for you;
- Respond to any questions related to the terms of the employment agreement.
An international consulting company in the field of corporate taxation has reached out to VALEN Group to prepare legal opinion on the need to register a representative office of a foreign legal entity in Russia, as well as on the correctness of employees’ enrollment in accordance with employment legislation.
A legal opinion on the issues raised has been successfully prepared, which allowed the client to avoid possible administrative liability for violation of labor legislation.
VALEN Group was contacted by a foreign citizen who was interested in conducting business in the Russian Federation by creating a company specializing in providing consulting services in the field of information technology. In addition, the foreign citizen was interested in comprehensive support in the issue of migration legislation and legal employment in the company being created.
VALEN Group lawyers:
- prepared and submitted a set of all necessary documents for the registration of a company with a foreign founder;
- prepared and sent to the state authority the documents necessary for entry into the territory of the Russian Federation as part of the restrictive measures taken within the framework of the spread of coronavirus infection;
- provided full assistance in the issue of obtaining documents necessary for the legal implementation of business and labor activities.
A leading Russian audit and consulting company has applied to VALEN Group to provide a range of services in the field of migration and labor legislation regulating the employment of foreign citizens in the Russian Federation.
Besides, the company was interested in obtaining comprehensive legal advice on issues related to the need of carrying out certain legally binding actions within the framework of foreign citizens’ employment.
VALEN Group lawyers:
- prepared a legal opinion, where they answered in detail each question of interest to the client, confirming the opinion expressed with references to regulatory legal acts of the Russian Federation and judicial practice;
- prepared the entire package of documents for permits obtaining and accompanied the client to the relevant state authority for their personal receipt.
How to get a service?
- Choose a service
- Fill in the form
- Our specialists
will contact you
for an initial consultation
Law degree in the Russian Federation
Studied at the University of Passau, Germany
Foreign Languages: English, German
Since 2007 a lawyer in Beiten Burkhardt lawfirm
Since 2012 founder and managing partner at VALENOur specialists
Graduated Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO)
RANEPA at the President of the Russian Federation
Certified Lawyer in the Russian Federation, Master of Law (Corporate Law)
Foreign languages: English, French
4+ years in corporate law consulting
Since 2022 –Head of legal at Valen GroupOur specialists
Our Clients And Partners
Please fill in the form and our specialists will get back to you