Financial due diligence
In today’s world, at a time of active development of the commercial market when one of the fundamental principles is freedom of doing business, situations often arise in which several companies decide to merge into one company for further joint business. However, reasons for mergers vary.
In such situations, the task of assessing the financial stability and reliability of a counterparty company becomes especially important. Moreover, besides the formalities of simply merging multiple companies into one, it is also important to take measures to ensure that such a merger does not entail negative consequences but will contribute to the further prosperity of the reorganized companies.
This is why when implementing mergers and acquisitions, contractors often turn to legal professionals, who are able to assess a legal entity’s financial well-being, usually referred to as “financial due diligence”, easily and seamlessly.
Financial due diligence covers several areas, including analysis of data related to a particular company’s assets, liabilities and obligations to counterparties, as well as its financial accounting organization. The dedicated specialist uses the data obtained to come up with an informed conclusion regarding the presence or absence of financial risks and the advisability of entering into an M&A deal.
VALEN Group lawyers and accountants will be glad to provide the full range of services related to financial due diligence. Some of our services include:
- consultation on any issues related to financial due diligence;
- carrying out financial due diligence;
- preparation of a conclusion based on the data obtained.
In addition to these services in the field of financial due diligence, VALEN Group specialists are also able to provide the following services:
- assessment of risks and feasibility of signing an M&A deal;
- negotiations on the terms and conditions of the proposed deal;
- structuring and conclusion of an M&A deal.
Two degrees in Lomonosov Moscow State University. Faculties of Law and Philology.
1996 – obtained status of attorney
Foreign Languages: English
Specialist in the field of legal representation, corporate conflict resolution, structuring and support of transactions for the acquisition of business, as well as defense / representation in the framework of criminal prosecution
Since 1994 – more than 150 publications in the Russian newspapers and magazines
Since 2019 – senior lawyer at VALENВсе специалисты
- Law Degree in Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO University), 2015
- Postgraduate education diploma in Translation and Conference Interpreting under Saint-Petersburg School of Conference Interpreting & Translation (SCIT) at Herzen University (Joint project of the UN, European Commission, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the RF and Herzen University), 2012
Foreign Languages: English, German, French
- Since 2015 – practice in corporate and contract law, as well as litigation with focus on commercial, corporate and bankruptcy (insolvency) disputes in commercial courts, and representation in general courts
- Since 2015 – regular contract law and IP protection training in Law School “M-Logos”
- Since 2020 – Senior Lawyer at VALEN GROUP
Law degree in Lomonosov Moscow State University, 2014
Postgraduate education diploma in Institute of Legislation and Comparative Law under the Government of the Russian Federation, 2017
Foreign Languages: English, German, Spanish, Portuguese
Since 2014 – practice in obtaining and collecting of low liquid debts, in bankruptcy procedures of legal entities and litigation in commercial and regular courts
Since 2020 – lawyer at VALENВсе специалисты
Law degrees in the Institute of International Trade and Law; Russian Foreign Trade Academy
Foreign languages: English, Spanish.
Since 2010 – legal experience in public authorities (Moscow tax office, Intellectual Property Court), Moscow notary office, Russian law firms.
Since 2019 – Lawyer at VALENВсе специалисты
Russian Foreign Trade Academy (LLB), 2017 Faculty – international law
University of Westminster (LLM), 2018 Faculty – corporate finance law
Foreign Languages: English, Spanish
Internships in public authorities (District Court, Russian Financial Intelligence Unit; English and Swiss law firms (Diacle Ltd, Froriep LLP)
Since 2019 – lawyer at VALENВсе специалисты