Registration of LLC in Russia
What is crucial for those who plan to develop their own business in Moscow or other cities of the country? It is necessary to register an LLC in Russia, following the rules, laws and regulations established by the relevant authorities.
Before taking the action, let’s address to the “theory”: which documents should be prepared, where should your company go and how to save time on these procedures.
Step 1: Determine how to register LLC in Russia
There are two ways: to register an LLC in Russia independently or to entrust this task to specialized companies.
In the first case, you need to:
- to prepare an application on form R11001;
- to prepare a package of documents and submit them to the Federal Tax Service;
- pay the state fee (4000 rubles and higher).
The advantage of this approach is that you will study the whole process of registration of an LLC in the Russian Federation from the beginning to the end. You will learn what requirements are and what problems you may encounter – from mistakes in documents to the violation of the registration sequence. The disadvange is the duration of the process: everything can last from a couple of weeks to several months.
By choosing the second way, i.e. specialized company support, you will save time on preparing documents and their registration, payment of state fees. However, there is a risk of communication with scammers and disclosure personal data like passport details, as well as other important information.
Before you start cooperation with a specialized company in Moscow or other cities of the country, study the information about it: how many years it is in the market, where it is located, look up for reviews in the web.
As a rule, this information is freely available.
Step 2: Determine the specifics of the business
At this stage of registration of an LLC in Russia it is necessary to clearly identify several important points:
- Name of the company: you need to think the name of the LLC both in Russian and in English. It should be unique. You can check it online in the Unified State Register of Legal Entities. If you have found an LLC with an identical name, it is better to come up with another name;
- Legal address of the LLC: registration of the LLC with the legal address in the Russian Federation takes place in the tax inspection.
There are three ways to get a legal address for a company:
- Rent or purchase an apartment / office / room where you plan to accommodate the staff;
- sign a contract with the postal secretary service for the provision of a legal address in Moscow or another city in the country;
to register the company at the home address of the founder or director of the LLC.
OKVED activity code: when registering a LLC in Russia, it is important to determine what kind of business you will be doing. The activity code is selected from the OKVED classifier. It is freely available;
Authorized capital: before you register an LLC with the legal address of the Russian Federation, you need to determine what authorized capital your company will have. This is the amount that is deposited into the current bank account of the business structure. The minimum is 10,000 rubles. You can either deposit money or leave the property as collateral. This can be done before or after you submit the documents for registration of the LLC or within four months;
- Preparation of documents for opening an LLC. You should have it in your hands: 1) the decision of the sole founder of the company or the minutes of the meeting of founders of the LLC (in writing); 2) the approved Articles of Association of the LLC; 3) the agreement on the establishment (this paragraph is relevant if there are two or more founders ).
You can prepare these documents for registration of an LLC in Russia both independently, using online services and with the support of our company. We will make sure that all the documents are correct.
Step 3: Fill in the application form P11001
This is one of the main documents submitted to the Federal Tax Service Inspectorate for registration of LLC in the Russian Federation.
The signature of the Applicant is put in the presence of a tax inspector or a notary (if the registration of an LLC in the Russian Federation takes place by agreement).
Step 4: Pay the state fee
One of the most important questions for an entrepreneur is how much it costs to register an LLC with a legal address in Russia.
Now it is equated to the minimum amount of fee established by the state – 4 000 rubles. To make a deposit, you need to fill out a receipt manually and transfer the money to the account of the registration authority.
Step 5: Define the tax regime
The main purpose of LLC registration in Russia is to increase income. One of the factors that influence the profit is the correct choice of the tax system.
You have several options:
- single tax on imputed income;
- single agricultural tax.
The choice of tax system depends on the type of activity, number of hired employees of the company, projected annual income and other factors. So they should be carefully considered before they are registered.
Step 6: Collect the required package of documents and submit it to the relevant authority
List of documents required for registration of LLC in Russia:
- application filled in according to form P11001;
- decision of the founder or minutes of the meeting of founders of the company;
- Articles of Association of the LLC;
- receipt for payment of state fee;
- documents that confirm the existence of a legal address;
- Notification of the choice of a specific taxation system.
How long does it take to register an LLC in Russia?
Officially – 3 days. If the company registration is successful, you will get:
- a form sheet No. Р50007 of the Unified State Register of Legal Entities according;
- certificate of registration with the tax authority;
- Articles of Association with a note of the registration authority.
If you are interested in registering a company in Moscow within 3-7 days, please contact us. You will receive full information about the this procedure, assistance in the preparing of registration of documents in the relevant authorities.
How to get a service?
- Choose a service
- Fill in the form
- Our specialists
will contact you
for an initial consultation
In 2008 graduated with honors from Moscow State Law Academy.
In 2011 finished postgraduate school of the Moscow State Law Academy and received a PhD in Law.
Since 2015 works as attorney.
More than 5 years of experience as an attorney – arbitration and bankruptcy litigation.
6 years of experience as an inhouse lawyer with specialization in Labor, Contract and IT law.
4 years of experience in the field of international relations (working with international organizations such as the UN, IAEA).
Foreign Languages: English
Senior Lawyer at VALEN GroupOur specialists
Higher School of Economics (Bachelor’s degree), 2018 – Faculty of Law
Higher School of Economics (Master’s program), 2020 – Lawyer in activities in justice and law enforcement
Over 3 years of experience as a lawyer in foreign law firms
Foreign languages: EnglishOur specialists
Our Clients And Partners
Please fill in the form and our specialists will get back to you