Permanent residence permit in Russia

Permanent residence permit (PRP) is a document that confirms the right of a foreign citizen to legally live and work in Russia. Usually, PRP is unlimited apart from the PRP of a highly qualified specialist (limited up to the period of a work permit). 

Benefits of a PRP:

  • Free Russian border crossing the Russian boarders;
  • No need to obtain work permit;
  • Possibility to live or work in any Russian region;
  • Free social and medical support.

How to obtain a permanent residence permit in Russia?

Foreign citizens who hold temporary residence permit for at least 8 months are entitled to apply for PRP. It is also possible to obtain PRP straight away in case there is a special ground provided by law.

The application review period is from 2 to 4 months depending on the ground.

Along with the documents proving the ground for PRP, the foreigner shall provide medical certificates, police clearance certificate from the country of citizenship and pass the exam on Russian language, history and law (as a rule).

Notice of residence

Foreign citizens have to send a special notification to the migration authority proving that they reside in Russia and obtain enough income to provide for themselves or their family.

Our services

VALEN provides a full range of services related to obtaining temporary and permanent residence permits in Russia, including consultation, drafting of documents and representation in migration authorities.



A citizen with dual citizenship of the United States and Canada asked for a service of obtaining a temporary residence permit (TRP) in a simplified manner on the basis of marriage with a Russian citizen. During the procedure, it was necessary to determine the country of residence and prepare documents in accordance with this.

  • Lawyers provided full support to a foreign citizen in the process of collecting documents;
  • Analyzed the issue of dual citizenship regarding the country, where a citizen needs to obtain a police clearance certificate;
  • Filled in all the required forms and applications;
  • Accompanied a foreign citizen to the migration authority to submit documents and obtain a ready TRP and visa.

How to get a service?

  1. Choose a service
  2. Fill in the form
  3. Our specialists
    will contact you
    for an initial consultation

Leading Lawyers

Valentina Khlavich
Managing Partner
Thomas Relja
Eduard Ioffe
Dmitry Kofanov
Valentina Khlavich
Managing Partner

Law degree in the Russian Federation

Studied at the University of Passau, Germany

Foreign Languages: English, German

Since 2007 a lawyer in Beiten Burkhardt lawfirm

Since 2012 founder and managing partner at VALEN

Our specialists
Thomas Relja

Economics Degree

Foreign Languages: Croatian, English

5+ years as a head of Accounting and Finance in European Companies

2+ years as a SAP consultant for companies in Germany (Munich) and UAE (Dubai)

Partner at VALEN

Our specialists
Eduard Ioffe

Graduated Moscow State Law Academy under name of O.E. Kutafin (MSAL) in 2012

Foreign languages: English, Latvian

Experience since 2012 – in legal consulting, banking, private equity and sports law

Since 2021 – Head of legal in VALEN

Since 2022 – Partner/Head of legal in VALEN

Our specialists
Dmitry Kofanov

Certified Lawyer in the Russian Federation

Experience since 2003 – in Russian and foreign law firms

Since 2021 – partner at VALEN

Our specialists

Our Clients And Partners

Need consultation?

Please fill in the form and our specialists will get back to you

By clicking on the button "Submit", you give your consent to the processing of your personal data and agree to the privacy policy.

Interesting articles

Double citizenship is a situation where a person is simultaneously a citizen of several states. This requires an international...
Foreign citizens who plan to move to the Russian Federation can obtain a temporary residence permit (TRP). It allows...
A new Presidential decree amends some provisions regarding foreign citizens. The following permits, which expires from March 15 to...