Legal and Tax Due Diligence
LEGAL DUE DILIGENCE
Legal Due Diligence is a comprehensive legal check of a company to assess risks while acquiring a business. The main aim of conducting Due Diligence is to eliminate or minimize possible negative consequences of transaction, as well as to optimize business processes during the company`s further activities. Such examination makes it possible to identify the risks of transaction invalidation, litigations initiation, imposing a penalty on property and corporate conflicts.
TAX DUE DILIGENCE
Tax Due Diligence is carried out prior to business purchase and sale transaction, during acquisition of assets or shares in the company share capital. The purpose of the Due Diligence is to provide a client with true and accurate information regarding fulfilment of tax obligations by the company, compliance with financial accounting and reporting requirements, as well as possible claims from tax authorities. This procedure will allow to avoid financial and tax risks, as well as adjust transaction price.
Tax Due Diligence includes:
- Examination of the budget settlements of the company concerning taxes and other obligatory payments;
- Examination of the tax and accounting system concerning compliance with legal requirements;
- Evaluation of the tax burden on both individual operations and entire business;
- Assessment of the primary document’s accuracy and verification of existence of all necessary documents proving the expenses incurred;
- Tax risks assessment and drawing up guidelines for their elimination.
- Analysis of the prospects for changing the tax burden in connection with the tax legislation reform or changes in judicial practice.
Legal Due Diligence includes:
- Analysis of the company charter documents Verification of the legitimacy of the company share capital formation and verification of the participants` property rights;
- Assessment of the legitimacy of the appointment and scope of authority of the company management;
- Analysis of the company’s rights to movable and immovable property, participation in the share capital of other companies;
- Check for existence of legal disputes with third parties, seizure of property and other encumbrances;
- Identification of risks of possible claims from counterparties and state agencies;
- Check for existence of required licenses and permits Analysis of the company’s compliance with labor and immigration laws;
- Analysis of the company bylaws and internal documents;
Two degrees in Lomonosov Moscow State University. Faculties of Law and Philology.
1996 – obtained status of attorney
Foreign Languages: English
Specialist in the field of legal representation, corporate conflict resolution, structuring and support of transactions for the acquisition of business, as well as defense / representation in the framework of criminal prosecution
Since 1994 – more than 150 publications in the Russian newspapers and magazines
Since 2019 – senior lawyer at VALENВсе специалисты
Law degree in Lomonosov Moscow State University, 2014
Postgraduate education diploma in Institute of Legislation and Comparative Law under the Government of the Russian Federation, 2017
Foreign Languages: English, German, Spanish, Portuguese
Since 2014 – practice in obtaining and collecting of low liquid debts, in bankruptcy procedures of legal entities and litigation in commercial and regular courts
Since 2020 – lawyer at VALENВсе специалисты
Law degrees in the Institute of International Trade and Law; Russian Foreign Trade Academy
Foreign languages: English, Spanish.
Since 2010 – legal experience in public authorities (Moscow tax office, Intellectual Property Court), Moscow notary office, Russian law firms.
Since 2019 – Lawyer at VALENВсе специалисты
Russian Foreign Trade Academy (LLB), 2017 Faculty – international law
University of Westminster (LLM), 2018 Faculty – corporate finance law
Foreign Languages: English, Spanish
Internships in public authorities (District Court, Russian Financial Intelligence Unit; English and Swiss law firms (Diacle Ltd, Froriep LLP)
Since 2019 – lawyer at VALENВсе специалисты