LINKEDIN HAS BEEN REGISTERED IN THE FEDERAL TAX SERVICE, DESPITE BEING BLOCKED IN RUSSIA
American social network LinkedIn has been registered as a taxpayer in the tax authorities of Russian Federation. Thus, the company assumes obligation to pay 18% VAT on Internet services rendered to Russian citizens. The so-called “Google tax” was approved in summer 2016. According to the law, foreign companies (i.g. Microsoft, Apple, Google, etc.) shall pay VAT for providing electronic services in Russia.LinkedIn was blocked by Russian state authorities in 2016 for violation of the federal law on personal data. Representatives of LinkedIn confirmed that the company is not ready yet to correct violations of Russian legislation, however they expressed the hope for complete recovery of service in Russia.
You may also be interested
- HOW CAN EMPLOYER MAKE RUDE EMPLOYEE RESPONSIBLE?
- NEW RULES ON DETERMINATION OF TAX RESIDENCY
- RUSSIA STARTS TO ISSUE ELECTRONIC VISAS
- RUSSIAN GOVERNMENT PROHIBITS STATE AUTHORITIES TO DEMAND A ROW OF DOCUMENTS
- COMPANY WITH ONE OWNER CAN BE REGISTERED AT THE BANK
- RUSSIA HAS LIFTED UP FROM 51ST TO 40TH PLACE IN DOING BUSINESS RANKING