RUSSIA STARTS TO ISSUE ELECTRONIC VISAS
Apr, 28 2017
The President of Russia signed the law setting special type of visa for Free Port of Vladivostok – electronic visas. The law presumes issuance of electronic visas for foreign citizens arriving in Russia through the check points of the Free Port of Vladivostok.
The main features of the new visa are:
1. No consular fees for registration;
2. Validity period – 30 days;
3. The allowed period of stay in Russia is up to 8 days;
4. Regions that can be visited in accordance with electronic visa are: Primorye, Khabarovskiy Krai, Sakhalin Region, Chukotka and Kamchatka Territory. However, according to the law, foreign citizens can move freely only within the region they entered on the basis of an electronic visa.
5. To obtain visa of this type, it is required to fill a form on the website 4 days before the expected date of entry.