Issuance of electronic visas to foreign citizens has been suspended
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation has declared that issuance of electronic visas for foreign citizens has been suspended due to the spread of coronavirus infection. It was earlier reported that issuance of electronic visas would have begun on January 1, 2021.
The new procedure of issuing these single-entry visas includes the following:
- no need to have a documentary proof of purpose of the trip;
- visa is valid for 60 days;
- gives the right to stay in the country for 16 days.
It was planned that electronic visas would be available to citizens of 50 countries, and the cost of its issuance would be $ 40. In the context of modern realities, suspension of electronic visa processing will last until a special regulation of the Government.
You may also be interested
- FTS clarified the rules for providing information about beneficiaries
- The permission documents of foreign citizens will be valid without prolongation until June 15, 2021.
- Legislation on legal entities will be amended in the field of reorganization procedure
- Make an invitation for visa to Russia
- The procedure of extending permanent residence permits of highly qualified specialists has been cancelled
- Temporary residence permit policy in Russia