The procedure of extending permanent residence permits of highly qualified specialists has been cancelled
Previous version of migration legislation provided for the possibility of extending permanent residence permit (PRP) of highly qualified specialists (HQS). Meanwhile, there was no need to go through the entire procedure of PRP obtaining once again. It was enough to submit a corresponding application to the migration authority.
However, in accordance with recently adopted legislative amendments in the field of migration law PRP of HQS will be no longer extended.
We would like to point out, that validity term of PRP for HQS is equal to the validity term of work permit, which should be necessary obtained by any highly qualified specialist in order to work legally in Russia. Work permit is usually issued for three years.
It means that after three years a highly qualified specialist will be required to pass the whole procedure of PRP obtaining once again. Such foreign citizen will have to submit a PRP application to the Migration Department with all necessary documents enclosed with, including:
- 4 personal photos of 35 x 45 mm in size;
- ID card;
- certificate of absence of serious diseases;
- police clearance certificate;
- employment agreement.
You may also be interested
- Entering the Russian Federation with temporary residence permit
- Temporary residence permit policy in Russia
- How to extend temporary residence permit in Russia
- Review of the Russian law on Personal Data
- The Parliament adopted the law on remote work
- Foreign citizens will be entitled to obtain permanent residence permit in Russia for investments