The Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia stands for changing the regime of stay of foreign citizens.
The State body is considering the option of creating new regimes: short-term and long-term stay, and permanent residence. The temporary residence permit is proposed to be canceled.
The representative of the Ministry informs that the short-term regime involves staying in the Russian Federation for up to 90 days, the long-term regime – from 90 days to six months. If a foreign citizen intends to stay for more than 90 days, he must obtain an appropriate permit.
To formalize a long-stay regime, it will be necessary to create a digital profile in the information system.
Permanent residence will be issued for an unlimited period and then it will be possible to issue a residence permit and citizenship. This right will be granted by the authorized commission of a particular region.
The changes will affect education and work hiring. Students will be able to apply for simplified adoption of citizenship, and a new register will be created for employers, indicating information about companies hiring foreigners.
An infrastructure will be created outside the Russian Federation that allows foreign citizens to go through all the procedures and receive the documents necessary for obtaining a work permit.
You may also be interested
- Refusal from taxation of income received from intellectual property.
- The Ministry of Finance has proposed to equalize personal income tax rates for Russians and citizens who are tax residents of Russia, and to establish the amount of income tax on earnings “from employment activities”
- Holiday weekends for 2022
- Court representative
- Cancellation of remote regime for employers
- Development’s trends of russian economic sector