It is proposed to increase the minimum wage for highly qualified specialists.
A highly qualified specialist (HQS) is a foreign citizen who has professional skills in a certain field. The main qualifying criterion for obtaining the status of HQS is the minimum wage, which, as a general rule, is 167,000 rubles per month. The employer is obliged to report to the migration authorities on compliance with this requirement by submitting quarterly notifications.
The relevant ministries have prepared amendments to the law, according to which it is proposed to increase the minimum wage for the HQS from 167,000 rubles to 250,000 thousand rubles per month. These changes are justified by the fact that since 2010 the salary level for the HQS has not changed. Thus, the increase in the minimum wage for the HQS will comply with international standards.
Also, not only the amount of remuneration will change, but also the calculation from month to quarter and will amount to 750,000 rubles per quarter. At the moment, the bill is under consideration, its adoption and the start of action is expected in the fall of 2022.
You may also be interested
- Will Russia ban cryptocurrency?
- Change in the procedure for entry of foreign citizens to Russia from December 29
- Objections to the liquidation of a legal entity
- HAPPY NEW YEAR AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!
- The following laws will come into force on December 17.
- The procedure for revoking powers of attorney will be simplified from December 29