Changes in the regulation of cryptocurrency turnover
The demand for cryptocurrencies is growing and talks about regulating these assets continue. The central bank adheres to a conservative position on this issue and previously proposed to completely ban the circulation of cryptocurrencies in Russia, but later changed its position.
In 2022, after the introduction of sanctions, disputes about the use of cryptocurrencies intensified. Due to the blocking of Russia’s foreign exchange reserves, the Central Bank softened its position and allowed the use of cryptocurrencies for cross-border settlements.
After the European Union banned the provision of cryptocurrency–related services to Russian citizens, we should expect an increase in such settlements in countries that recognize cryptocurrency and are friendly to Russia – these are Kazakhstan, Belarus, Uzbekistan, the UAE and others. Experts believe that the use of cryptocurrencies will not be full-fledged, because there is no possibility of its exchange for the national currency and the legalization of crypto activities is necessary.
You may also be interested
- Equity joint venture
- Cryptocurrency and marketplaces: new realities in the Russian Federation
- The parliament is preparing a bill on the creation of a crypto exchange in Russia.
- Сonference «Law Firm Management»
- Business in the UAE: is it worth starting?
- The procedure for changing the head of the LLC in 2022: features