The terms of foreign citizens’ stay in Russia have been extended till September 30
The President of Russia has signed Decree No. 364 of 15.06.2021 “On temporary measures to regulate the legal status of foreign citizens and stateless persons in the Russian Federation during the period of overcoming the consequences of the spread of the new coronavirus infection (COVID-19)”, which extends the period of foreigners’ stay in Russia till September 30.
Accordingly, from June 16 to September 31, 2021, the duration of following terms in respect of foreign citizens is suspended:
- terms of temporary or permanent residence;
- terms of registration at the place of residence.
Foreign citizens have the right to file a relevant application to the territorial body of the Ministry of Internal Affairs for the settlement of their legal status before September 30.
Up to the specified period, a decision on administrative expulsion from Russia may not be made in respect of foreigners. Exception are those foreign citizens who violate Russian legislation or pose a threat to national security.
You may also be interested
- Important business innovations in Russian legislation for may 2021
- A draft law on subsidiaries of foreign IT-companies has been introduced to the State Duma
- From July 2022, it will be possible to affix an electronic apostille on the documents
- Labor contract analysis
- Analysis of international agreement
- Features of the contract for the supply of goods