The regulator has introduced new rules for banks on currency circulation.
By the end of the year, the Central Bank introduced financial breaks. Now banks have the right not to comply with the limits on currency positions in dollars and euros. Open Currency positions (ORP) are the difference between financial liabilities and claims in a currency.
The regulator assured that the measures taken will reduce the costs of regulating positions in these currencies and the banks’ capitals will be provided in the required amount.
At the same time, the Central Bank warned banks against using the presented opportunity for speculative purposes.
After the introduction of sanctions by the European Union and the United States, the regulator has already introduced some easing of the ORP. Checks for non-compliance by banks with ORP limits of certain currencies and precious metals were canceled until July 1.
The Bank of Russia has warned that measures have been taken for the smooth operation of the financial market of the Russian Federation.
You may also be interested
- Work permit in Russia. Who can apply and how?
- The Russian equivalent of SWIFT already uses 53 banks from 11 countries.
- Liquidation of legal entity in 2022
- How to open an LLC remotely. Nuances of the procedure. Is it possible to contact specialists?
- Remote registration of the company. How does the online service simplify the state registration process?
- Business separation (split). Why is this necessary and how to reduce the risks of possible unpleasant consequences of such a decision?