The Ministry of Internal Affairs proposes to introduce 3 new legal regimes of foreign citizens’ stay in the Russian Federation
The Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation has prepared a draft law, which proposes to cancel temporary residence permits, as well as to introduce 3 new legal regimes of foreigners’ stay in Russia. In addition, it is proposed to simplify the process of permanent residence permit obtaining.
The proposed legal regimes of stay include the following:
- short-term stay regime – up to 90 days;
- long-term stay regime – over 90 days;
- permanent residence – indefinitely.
In addition, the draft law provides for the introduction of an electronic identity card for foreign citizens, which will be valid for 10 years.
Legislative initiatives also include the creation of a «controlled» stay regime, the purpose of which is to monitor foreign citizens who stay in the country in violation of legislative requirements.
You may also be interested
- From July 1, the procedure for notarization of the decision of the legal entity’s sole participant to increase the amount of authorized capital has been changed
- New in legislation – June 2021.
- The terms of foreign citizens’ stay in Russia have been extended till September 30
- Important business innovations in Russian legislation for may 2021
- A draft law on subsidiaries of foreign IT-companies has been introduced to the State Duma
- From July 2022, it will be possible to affix an electronic apostille on the documents