The Ministry of Internal Affairs proposes to introduce 3 new legal regimes of foreign citizens’ stay in the Russian Federation
The Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation has prepared a draft law, which proposes to cancel temporary residence permits, as well as to introduce 3 new legal regimes of foreigners’ stay in Russia. In addition, it is proposed to simplify the process of permanent residence permit obtaining.
The proposed legal regimes of stay include the following:
- short-term stay regime – up to 90 days;
- long-term stay regime – over 90 days;
- permanent residence – indefinitely.
In addition, the draft law provides for the introduction of an electronic identity card for foreign citizens, which will be valid for 10 years.
Legislative initiatives also include the creation of a «controlled» stay regime, the purpose of which is to monitor foreign citizens who stay in the country in violation of legislative requirements.
You may also be interested
- Examination of the work contract
- Protection of the rights of entrepreneurs by the court of general jurisdiction
- Tax expertise of contracts
- Analysis of the international sales contract
- From July 1, the procedure for notarization of the decision of the legal entity’s sole participant to increase the amount of authorized capital has been changed
- New in legislation – June 2021.