Obtaining a residence permit will be simplified
Foreign citizens will be able to obtain a residence permit or work permit in Russia under a simplified procedure.
A draft law has been prepared simplifying the procedure for obtaining a residence permit for foreigners who do not need a visa to enter Russia. Such foreign citizens will need to pass only an oral exam in the Russian language, they do not need to take other exams.
This procedure is planned to be established in 2022. Foreign citizens of a number of foreign countries can visit Russia without a visa. These are mainly CIS countries, as well as some countries of South America, Asia, Africa and Europe.
You may also be interested
- New bills: state registration of brands, digitalization of taxes and requirements for accounts of government agencies.
- Most foreign companies continue to operate in Russia.
- The regulator has introduced new rules for banks on currency circulation.
- Work permit in Russia. Who can apply and how?
- The Russian equivalent of SWIFT already uses 53 banks from 11 countries.
- Pre-trial dispute settlement procedure in the arbitration process. When it’s necessary?