It is proposed to allow the bankruptcy procedure of foreign companies in Russia
Lawyers at the St. Petersburg International Legal Forum proposed that the law provide for the possibility of initiating bankruptcy proceedings for foreign companies.
Within the framework of entrepreneurial activity, companies from Russia often concluded deals with foreign companies. At the moment, these countries are unfriendly. In case of signs of insolvency, these companies are often denied bankruptcy proceedings by arbitration courts. Currently, there is no mechanism for bankruptcy of foreign companies in Russia – such norms are not provided for in the current legislation in relation to such companies in Russia.
If the law provides for the possibility of bankruptcy proceedings against companies registered in a foreign jurisdiction but operating in Russia, then this would be a big step for Russian law.
You may also be interested
- Electronic documents in a new format will be approved in 2023.
- Difficulties in approving transactions with foreigners
- International payments are offered to be carried out in digital currency
- In the near future, a digital passport will be introduced in Russia
- Valen office in Dubai
- Digital ruble and customs monitoring: what comes into force in April