Attorneys at law will be banned from representation in court for violating legal ethics
From March 1, 2021, legislative amendments in the field of advocacy come into force, according to which lawyers who are deprived of their status for certain reasons will not be able to represent the interests of their clients in court.
This will apply to the situations when the status of a lawyer has been terminated on the following grounds:
- entry into force of a court verdict for an intentional crime;
- improper performance of professional duties to the principal;
- violation of legal ethics;
- illegal use of information related to the provision of legal assistance.
Meanwhile, it is noted that these persons will be able to participate in the process only as representatives by virtue of law.
You may also be interested
- Amedments in the field of legislation on foreign investment
- Draft law on top managers’ liability insurance has been prepared
- Foreign citizens arriving in Russia from the EAEU countries will be required to pass identification
- The State Duma introduces a temporary identity card for stateless persons staying on the territory of Russia
- A number of restrictions are lifted in Moscow from January 27
- Working with distressed assets in the context of coronavirus restrictions: work of courts, moratoriums and other restrictions