Draft law on top managers’ liability insurance has been prepared
The Ministry of Economic Development has prepared a draft law which should expand the possibilities for insuring the civil liability of top managers for economic damage to their companies and third parties as a result of decisions made within the scope of their official duties.
Currently, the Russian Civil Code prohibits entering into contracts that limit or release top managers from liability for losses caused by their bad-faith or erroneous actions. Thus, only the liability risk of insured person may be insured, but such contracts are expensive for top managers, so they are unpopular. The bill lays down the company’s right to enter into the property insurance contract.
You may also be interested
- Foreign citizens arriving in Russia from the EAEU countries will be required to pass identification
- The State Duma introduces a temporary identity card for stateless persons staying on the territory of Russia
- A number of restrictions are lifted in Moscow from January 27
- Working with distressed assets in the context of coronavirus restrictions: work of courts, moratoriums and other restrictions
- The legislation in the field of bankruptcy is planned to be tightened
- The Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation will launch a digital platform for small and medium-sized businesses support