The visa regime for foreigners whose relatives are Russian citizens will be simplified
The Government of the Russian Federation has prepared amendments to the federal migration legislation in terms of regulating the foreign citizens’ entry into the country.
In accordance with prepared amendments it is proposed to simplify the procedure of obtaining ordinary private visas by foreign citizens who have close relatives – citizens of the Russian Federation.
What changes does the draft bill provide for?
- obtaining of visa in simplified manner;
- possibility to apply for a long-term private visa valid for up to one year;
- you will only need to submit a simple written application to obtain visa.
Moreover, it is proposed to exclude from legislation the rule which forced foreign citizens to leave the territory of the Russian Federation every three months to preserve the right to obtain visa.
It should be noted that for the purposes of draft bill the term «close relatives» include:
You may also be interested
- Terms of foreign citizens’ stay in the Russian Federation are prolonged till December 15, 2020
- It is planned to change procedure of accreditation of foreign companies’ branches and representative offices in Russia
- Permanent residence permit in the Russian Federation
- Registration of foreign citizens in Russia
- How to apply for temporary registration in Russia
- M&A deal