Terms of foreign citizens’ stay in the Russian Federation are prolonged till December 15, 2020
In accordance with the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation № 580 the validity term of permits for foreign citizens and stateless persons that allow them to legally stay in Russia has been extended till December 15, 2020.
In particular, the following documents will be prolonged:
- temporary residence permit;
- permanent residence permit;
- registration at place of stay/place of residence.
What other measures does the Decree provide for?
- foreigners are entitled to leave the Russian Federation to their country of citizenship using an identity card that expired after March 14, 2020;
- administrative expulsion and deportation of foreign citizens from the territory of the Russian Federation as well as cancellation of their permits, are prohibited;
- duration of stay abroad for those foreigners who have PRP or TRP in Russia is suspended.
It should be noted that terms of temporary stay, permanent and temporary residence of foreigners have been previously suspended only until September 15. Due to the adoption of Decree, they are prolonged for another 3 months.