The government has proposed three options for interaction with foreign business
The Cabinet of Ministers offered foreign business three options for interaction with foreign business in a situation of mass withdrawal from the Russian market. One of the options is an accelerated bankruptcy procedure against a company that ceases operations and dismisses employees.
The Government of the Russian Federation has offered three options for foreign business relationships:
1. The Company continues its full-fledged work in Russia in full.
2. Foreign investors transfer their share to a Russian person under management.
3. The company stops working in Russia. In this case, an accelerated bankruptcy procedure will be applied to such companies.
The second option was discussed with Russian entrepreneurs and many investors have already taken advantage of this opportunity.
According to the representative of the Government, foreign companies engaged in investing in the field of localization of production refuse to leave the Russian market, but face political pressure from their own state bodies.
In the third option, the development of the situation will be regarded as intentional bankruptcy. In this case, an accelerated bankruptcy procedure will take place. The purpose of this procedure is to preserve employment and social stability.
After the introduction of sanctions by foreign states, some foreign companies announced a temporary suspension of activities in Russia.
You may also be interested
- SWIFT in Russia under sanctions.
- Which laws come into force in March.
- Medical examination of foreigners: what certificates will be required in the Ministry of Internal Affairs?
- Is cryptocurrency allowed now?
- How a foreigner can open a business in Russia: rights, obligations and restrictions
- Foreign business: ways to work in Russia