Since August citizens of 55 countries will be able to apply for electronic visas to Russia.
The President and the Government of the Russian Federation have decided to start issuing electronic visas for entry into Russia.
Initially, the list of countries whose citizens will be able to apply for electronic visas was 52 countries:
Andorra, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, Vatican City, Hungary, Germany, Greece, Denmark, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Iceland, Spain, Italy, Cyprus, China, DPRK, Kuwait, Latvia, Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, North Macedonia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Taiwan, Turkey, Philippines, Finland, France, Croatia, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Sweden, Estonia, Japan.
Three more countries are planned to be added to this list: Vietnam, Cambodia and Myanmar.
Citizens from “unfriendly” countries that have imposed sanctions against Russia will also be able to obtain an electronic visa – this applies to citizens of the European Union, Switzerland, Japan, Singapore and other countries.
With an electronic visa, foreigners will be able to visit Russia for tourist and business purposes, to participate in scientific, cultural and sports events.
Visa processing takes place on the website, for this you need to fill out a questionnaire, upload a photo and a copy of your passport, pay a consular fee of about $ 50. No other documents are required.
The visa application must be submitted no later than 4 days before the date of entry into Russia. The validity period of the visa is 60 days from the date of registration. With an electronic visa, a foreigner will be able to stay in Russia for no more than 16 days from the date of entry into Russia. At the same time, entry into Russia must be carried out through border checkpoints, which are indicated in the documents approved by the Government. The authorities expect that this measure to introduce electronic visas will significantly increase the tourist flow
You may also be interested
- Can a foreign citizen or a foreign company or foreign resident register an LLC in the Russian Federation in 2023
- Understanding Corporate Commercial Law: Key Aspects and Services
- The Federal Tax Service introduces electronic document management in Public Services website
- Russia is preparing a new agreement on double taxes with the UAE
- The opening of an LLC by a foreign citizen from an unfriendly country
- The law on the simplified liquidation procedure for small and medium-sized businesses will come into force on July 1st