Russia plans to create a unified system of registering foreign citizens staying in the country, details on our website
The Ministry of Internal Affairs and the Ministry of Digital Development of Russia are developing the possibility of creating a unified information platform for foreign citizens’ registration as part of implementation of the Concept of the State Migration Policy for 2020-2022. The relevant information about the legislative initiative has been published on the official website of the Ministry of Digital Development – https://digital.gov.ru/ru/events/40670/.
The unified database will contain digital profiles of foreign citizens and relevant information about the foreigner, including the following:
- legal status;
- biometric data;
- information about the place of residence;
- information about employment.
This measure will allow foreign citizens staying in Russia to receive government services in electronic form, formalize employment relations with employers, confirm education, make mandatory payments, and use information services. The implementation of this measure is part of the program of digitalization of the entire migration system of Russia.
You may also be interested
- The government may oblige foreign IT-companies to open representative offices in Russia
- Personal data: new working rules from March 1, 2021
- The Government may exempt IT-companies from planned inspections
- The tax burden of foreign companies in the field of information technology is planned to be increased
- Stages of drafting a contract
- Attorneys at law will be banned from representation in court for violating legal ethics