Parliament has proposed to introduce a single-entry electronic visa for entering Russia
Currently foreign citizens can visit Russia by applying for a certain category of visa, depending on the purpose of trip. Such visas can be valid from 1 month to 5 years, with a limited period of stay in the territory of the Russian Federation.
The new draft law proposes changes in several aspects of visa regime at once: the creation of a single-entry visa, combining different purposes of the trip, and its conversion into electronic form.
It means that such visa will be universal and applicable for a short-term visit of foreign citizens to Russia for tourist, business, guest and humanitarian purposes. However, electronic visa will be an independent category of visa, along with diplomatic, ordinary or business.
Electronic visa will be issued as a single entry for a period of up to 60 calendar days with an authorized period of stay in Russia up to 16 days.
Registration will take up to 4 calendar days, and a foreigner can apply for a visa online through a specialized site.
However, obtaining electronic visa will not be available to all foreign citizens. The corresponding list of states will be made by the Russian government after draft law entries into force.
You may also be interested
- Granting the right to cancel moratorium on bankruptcy cases
- The list of grounds for simplified obtaining of Russian citizenship has been expanded
- Changes in legislation for foreigners staying in the Russian Federation
- The third set of supporting measures for Moscow business was adopted due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Accounting of notary services
- Accounting of Legal Services