Changes in legislation for foreigners staying in the Russian Federation
Due to the restrictions introduced to prevent the dissemination of a new coronavirus infection, on April 18, 2020 the Russian President adopted a set of temporary measures regulating the situation of foreigners and stateless persons in Russia during the pandemic (COVID-19).
So, temporary measures concerning foreigners and stateless persons on the territory of Russia, established for the period from March 15 to June 15, 2020, include:
- Suspension of term (automatic renewal):
• residence permits, temporary or permanent residence permits;
• registration at temporary place of stay and the place of residence;
• voluntary departure from Russia in regarding of which a decision was made on administrative expulsion from Russia, deportation;
• visas, temporary residence permits, a residence permit, a migration card stamped with expiring dates, a refugee certificate, work permit, patent, permit to engage and use foreign employees, if the expiration of these documents expires in the specified period.
- Engaging and using employees:
• if having a work visa and not having a work permit in the Russian Federation;
• in the absence of a patent, if visa is not required;
- Decisions on the undesirability of the arrival of foreign citizens, on administrative expulsion from the Russian Federation, deportation, on the deprivation of refugee status, temporary asylum, cancellation of previously issued visas, work permits, patents, temporary residence permits, residence permits shall not be made.
Thus, the legal act that has entered into force greatly facilitates the situation of foreign citizens in Russian due to the absence of the need to renew documents that allow them to freely live and work on the territory of the Russian Federation.