Vladimir Putin proposed a set of anti-crisis measures because of coronavirus
In regard to the spread of coronavirus in Russia, the head of state presented additional measures to support citizens and businesses during the crisis:
– The week from March 28 to April 5 was officially declared non-working with the wage maintenance.
– Extend loans for businesses in sectors most affected by coronavirus;
– To provide small and medium-sized businesses a deferral of payment of all taxes (except VAT), as well as a deferral of payment of loans for six months;
– Introduce a moratorium on filing bankruptcy claims for companies affected by coronavirus, as well as on recovering debts and fines from such companies;
– For the long term reduce the size of insurance premiums from 30% to 15% for employees whose salary exceeds the minimum wage.
– Automatically extend all state benefits and privileges for citizens within 6 months;
– Provide a “vacation” on mortgage and personal loans to citizens whose income has decreased by more than 30%, without further penalties.
New in taxes
– Set a tax of 13% on the income of individuals from bank deposits and investments in debt securities, if the volume of such deposits exceeds one million rubles;
– Payment of income in the form of dividends that are transferred from Russia to offshore accounts -impose a 15% tax.
In this regard, double taxation avoidance agreements with a number of countries will be revised.
Also, the President announced the postponement of vote on constitutional amendments. A new date will be announced later.
You may also be interested
- Coronavirus in Russia – actual news on March, 25
- Fulfillment of contractual obligations during pandemic
- Transfer of employees to remote work in accordance with labor legislation
- VALEN Legal Help during Coronavirus times
- Russia temporarily seals borders due to coronavirus
- Currency transactions will be simplified for exporters