In 2024 salary of HQS will change
A number of amendments have been adopted to the migration legislation, which relate, in particular, to the regulation of the work of highly qualified foreign specialists (HQS).
Thus, starting from March 1, 2024, the salary of a highly qualified specialist will be increased and calculated quarterly. Based on the amendments, salary should not be less than 750 000 Rubles per quarter – that is 250 000 Rubles per month. Before the adoption of the new amendments, the salary should have been at least 167 000 Rubles per month.
According to the authors of the law, the establishment of a quarterly amount for the salary of the HQS is due to several reasons:
- bring the salary level of the HQS in accordance with the international standard;
- unify quarterly reporting – notification of the salary of the HQS for the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation and personal income tax on personal income report for the Federal Tax Service;
- reduce the number of disputes between employers and government agencies and avoid claims of disproportionate payment of salaries to HQS (for example, in the temporary absence of HQS).
The salary increase will not affect the other benefits of the HQS:
- Payment of insurance premiums will not be required;
- The work permit will be valid for 3 years;
- HQS has the right to file for a residence permit (residence permit), and after the amendments come into force on January 1, 2024, after 2 years of residence on a residence permit, it will be able to apply for an indefinite residence permit.
You may also be interested
- The Real Estate Lawyer: Navigating the Legal Landscape of Property
- Investors will be able to sell blocked assets to non-residents
- A new agreement on the avoidance of double taxation has been signed
- The digital ruble is included in the Tax Code
- How to arrange the withdrawal of a foreign founder from an LLC
- Unveiling the Essence of Legal Advice: Necessities and Inclusions