Legal and financial due diligence of acquired company
At the start of a project, investors often have to process a huge amount of information to assess the prospects of investments. Nevertheless, there are not always enough resources or expertise to assess key marginality and risk factors.
However, assessment of financial and legal aspects of acquired company is necessary. Experts have developed an algorithm of measures that will help to determine the prospects, risks, and trigger points of the project with sufficient confidence.
Business purchasers, professional investors, potential shareholders and company members are recommended to conduct legal and financial due diligence, including if the acquired company:
- carries out reorganization;
- buys or sells assets;
- changes the company’s managers or management structure;
- lends funds;
- carries out risky activities;
- carries out competitive activities;
- has many pending legal disputes.
Due diligence before entering into transaction allows to obtain reliable financial and legal information about the feasibility of investment and possible legal risks and allows investment project participants to make effective strategic decisions.
The procedure for conducting legal and financial due diligence includes analysis of information about the company’s assets, the legal grounds for their acquisition, risks of third-party claims, risks in relations to management, availability of necessary licenses as well as company’s liabilities to counterparties, organization of financial accounting, and risks of insolvency. Based on the data obtained, the engaged specialist makes a conclusion about the presence or absence of financial and legal risks as well as feasibility of entering into a deal.
VALEN lawyers and accountants can provide full range of services related to legal and financial due diligence. The range of services provided includes the following:
- consultation on all issues related to due diligence;
- conducting due diligence;
- preparation of conclusion based on the data received.
In addition to these legal and financial due diligence services, VALEN specialists can also provide the following services:
- risk assessment and feasibility of M&A transaction;
- negotiations on the terms and conditions of the upcoming transaction;
- structuring, conclusion of M&A transaction.
Two degrees in Lomonosov Moscow State University. Faculties of Law and Philology.
1996 – obtained status of attorney
Foreign Languages: English
Specialist in the field of legal representation, corporate conflict resolution, structuring and support of transactions for the acquisition of business, as well as defense / representation in the framework of criminal prosecution
Since 1994 – more than 150 publications in the Russian newspapers and magazines
Since 2019 – senior lawyer at VALENВсе специалисты
- Law Degree in Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO University), 2015
- Postgraduate education diploma in Translation and Conference Interpreting under Saint-Petersburg School of Conference Interpreting & Translation (SCIT) at Herzen University (Joint project of the UN, European Commission, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the RF and Herzen University), 2012
Foreign Languages: English, German, French
- Since 2015 – practice in corporate and contract law, as well as litigation with focus on commercial, corporate and bankruptcy (insolvency) disputes in commercial courts, and representation in general courts
- Since 2015 – regular contract law and IP protection training in Law School “M-Logos”
- Since 2020 – Senior Lawyer at VALEN GROUP
Law degree in Lomonosov Moscow State University, 2014
Postgraduate education diploma in Institute of Legislation and Comparative Law under the Government of the Russian Federation, 2017
Foreign Languages: English, German, Spanish, Portuguese
Since 2014 – practice in obtaining and collecting of low liquid debts, in bankruptcy procedures of legal entities and litigation in commercial and regular courts
Since 2020 – lawyer at VALENВсе специалисты
Law degrees in the Institute of International Trade and Law; Russian Foreign Trade Academy
Foreign languages: English, Spanish.
Since 2010 – legal experience in public authorities (Moscow tax office, Intellectual Property Court), Moscow notary office, Russian law firms.
Since 2019 – Lawyer at VALENВсе специалисты
Russian Foreign Trade Academy (LLB), 2017 Faculty – international law
University of Westminster (LLM), 2018 Faculty – corporate finance law
Foreign Languages: English, Spanish
Internships in public authorities (District Court, Russian Financial Intelligence Unit; English and Swiss law firms (Diacle Ltd, Froriep LLP)
Since 2019 – lawyer at VALENВсе специалисты