Offshores will be established in Russia
Offshores residents will receive special status, that provides the preferential tax treatment for the dividends and the mitigation of the restrictions on the currency transactions.
The support of the offshores operation will be managed by the specially established managing company.
Only foreign companies could become an offshore resident. To get the status of the offshore resident the company should be founded before January 01, 2018 and should invest at least 50 million Rubles within 6 months.
The foreign company that intends to become an offshore resident should apply to the managing company for conclusion of a contract.
The total sum of investments is tentatively estimated as more than USD 1 billion.
Many experts note that the main purpose of establishing of the offshores is to return the foreign holding companies controlled by Russian citizens to Russian jurisdiction, and to create the special conditions for the companies that suffered from the anti-Russian sanctions.
You may also be interested
- “Unreliable legal address“ notification – what to do?
- Agency contract – what can draw attention of tax authorities
- New changes in tax legislation
- Regulation of cryptocurrencies in Russia: coming soon
- New rules for migration registration
- Supreme Court specified the differences between employment and service agreements