New Administrative Code
Russian government has published concept of new Administrative Code. Main purpose of adopting the new code is to change its structure and to make it more clear. All offenses will be divided into categories based on their nature and degree of social damage. At the same time, amount of offenses will be reduced.
Concept of new Administrative Code also contains following important innovations:
- only courts will be entitled to suspend activities of the companies. Nowadays any supervisory authorities as well as courts are empowered to suspend companies’ activities for up to 90 days;
- persons who have committed non-serious administrative offenses for the first time will be punished with a warning instead of fine;
- simultaneous bringing of the company and its employee to administrative responsibility for the same offense will be prohibited;
- fines up to ten thousand Rubles will be debited from the debtor’s bank accounts without initiating enforcement proceedings;
- 50% discount will be provided for payment of administrative fines of any category in the first 20 days after issuance of court order. Now such discount is provided only for violators of traffic regulations.
New Code is planned to come into force on January 1, 2020.