Coronavirus in Russia – March 31 updates
Mar, 31 2020
Due to COVID-19 dissemination in Russia, we present you the most recent updates on business and law:
- Starting March 30, all residents must stay in home self-isolation. Exceptions: going to the grocery, pharmacy, work, etc;
- Food delivery services will continue to work, couriers will be granted special permissions;
- Starting March 30, Russia has completely sealed its borders.
- Fine for individuals for violation of self-isolation regime will be from 15,000 to 300,000 rubles, depending on occurrence of negative consequences for third parties;
- Fine for legal entities will be from 200,000 to 1 million rubles, or suspension of activity for up to 3 months, depending on occurrence of negative consequences for third parties.
- Tax service will not collect taxes from small and medium-sized businesses until May 1;
- Companies affected by the virus will receive a tax deferral (excluding VAT) for 6 months.
- Period from March 28 till April 3 is declared non-working with preservation of salary;
- Citizens who have lost their job due to coronavirus will receive compensation of 19500 rubles.
- Reduction of the insurance premium rate from 30% to 15% for affected companies if the employee’s salary exceeds the minimum wage;
- The government has formed a fund in the amount of 1.5 billion rubles to pay compensation to airlines that took people out of countries with unfavorable coronavirus situation;
- The Bank of Russia will issue loans to small businesses to pay employees’ salaries and will grant a 6-month deferral on existing loans.