Coronavirus in Russia – actual news on March, 25
In the light of COVID-19 dissemination in Russia, we present you the most relevant news in sphere of business and law:
- Tax and customs on-site check-ups of business are canceled until May 1, 2020.
- Three-month delay in payment of insurance premiums has been announced for small and medium-sized companies.
- Companies in the areas of tourism, air transportation, public catering and sports are granted with delay in payment of taxes and contributions, payment deadline of which falls in the period until May 1, 2020.
- Deadline for payment of the trade fee is extended until December 31, 2020.
- Until April, 13 personal reception of citizens in courts is suspended, all court hearings are postponed for indefinite period, submitting documents to court is possible only through electronic services, or using the Russian Post.
- For foreign nationals staying on the territory of the Russian Federation, whose visas expire before May 1, visas will be extended for 90 days regardless of its type.
- Foreign citizens, who entered Russia on a visa-free basis, can also apply to the Ministry of Internal Affairs in order to extend their temporary stay for additional 90 days.
- Acceptance of documents for issuance, extension and correction of work permits and patents for foreign workers located in Russia will be continued by migration authorities.
- During 2020, any shareholders meetings in public joint stock companies may be held remotely.
Previously, Law on Joint Stock Companies prohibited holding of general shareholders meetings on the most important issues of electing the board of directors, electing of auditor or audit commission, approval of annual report and annual financial statements in absentia (remotely). This prohibition will not apply in 2020.
- Special precautions are introduced in St. Petersburg, Moscow, and Moscow Region — all fitness centers, swimming pools, food courts in shopping centers, cinemas, night clubs, and other leisure venues are closed.
- In Moscow quarantine was introduced for all elderly people over 65 years and people with chronic diseases, since these groups are most vulnerable to COVID-19.
- In Moscow, people with mild case of coronavirus are allowed to be treated at home. They will be hospitalized if body temperature rises above 38.5 degrees.
You may also be interested
- Fulfillment of contractual obligations during pandemic
- Transfer of employees to remote work in accordance with labor legislation
- VALEN Legal Help during Coronavirus times
- Russia temporarily seals borders due to coronavirus
- Currency transactions will be simplified for exporters
- Piloting a new token issue platform